Directors

Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg is very closely associated with the lives of its directors. The brand's worldwide reputation is built on its directors' view of life and their willingness to break new ground to ensure a quality of porcelain that remained unequalled in the world – a fact that is just as valid today under the leadership of Anders Thomas as it was in 1747 under the auspices of Sigmund Count von Haimhausen. The objective is to treat the 260-year tradition with respect while progressing the manufactory's variety of shapes and creative power. In close cooperation with the major artists of their times, objects of timelessly valid forms have thus been created that set standards in shape and decoration.

Directors

Anders Thomas

Anders Thomas is the CEO of the Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg since early 2011.

Directors

Dr Jörg Richtsfeld

From 2005 to 2011 Dr. Jörg Richtsfeld had been responsible for the fortunes of Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg as its CEO.

Directors

Egbert Baron von Maltzahn

When Egbert Baron von Maltzahn assumed responsibility for the company in 1999, Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg opened itself up to the outside world.

Directors

Dr. Heinrich Kauper

Dr Heinrich Kauper continued the restoration of the buildings that Philipp Baron von Redwitz had commenced.

Directors

Philipp Baron von Redwitz

In 1979, Philipp Baron von Redwitz introduced the Pierrot as the trophy for the Bavarian Film Award.

Directors

Brothers Alfred, Dr. Fritz and Kurt Bäuml

Dr Fritz Bäuml and Alfred Bäuml commenced work for Nymphenburg in 1912.

Directors

Albert Bäuml

Albert Bäuml took over the company in 1888 and led it to success with his programme of "building on old traditions and renewing them in a modern style".

Directors

Eugen Napoleon Neureuther

The supervision of the manufactory was assigned to Eugen Napoleon Neureuther (1806-1882) from 1. January 1848.

Directors

Friedrich von Gärtner

At the beginning of 1822, King Max I Joseph made Friedrich Gärtner responsible for the artistic direction at Nymphenburg Porzellan Manufaktur.

Directors

Joseph Engelbert Claudius Freiherr von Schwerin

In 1807, the manufactory was assigned to the "General-Bergwerks-Administration", which was part of the finance ministry. J. C. von Schwerin was chairman of the board until 1820.

Directors

Mathias Flurl

Following the death of Sigmund Count of Haimhausen, the electoral cabinet assumed direct responsibility for Nymphenburg in 1799. Its vice president, Count Joseph August von Törring, became its director. Mathias Flurl was employed as Factory Commissioner.

Directors

Joseph August Count von Toerring and Gronsfeld zu Jettenbach

Directors

Sigmund Count von Haimhausen

In 1751, Elector Max III Jospeh appointed the Count of Haimhausen Master of the Mint and Director of Mining.