Schloss Nymphenburg, built from 1664 as a summer residence for Elector Ferdinand, is situated at the centre of park landscapes crisscrossed by canals. Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg, today still owned by the Wittelsbach family, the royal family of Bavaria, has operated from the listed and protected Nördliches Schlossrondell No. 8 since 1761. Around 65 people are employed at the studios and workshops, offices and the sales department, which is also based here. The manufactory's premises with its buildings and gardens stretch over three hectares and is listed and protected as an important element of Schloss Nymphenburg. Historic architectural details contrast with majolica and pieces by contemporary designers, stucco and loam rendering conceal digital connections, the paste mill's wooden tubs stand between sandstone pillars – it is the contrast of tradition and the present that always fascinates visitors so.
Be it undisturbed secluded meetings, representative events with invited guests, presentations and press conferences. Schloss Nymphenburg is an important component in the porcelain manufactory's formula for success – as the continuously oversubscribed visitor and event calendar demonstrates.