from 1754

Impressed shield mark, on all Nymphenburg products since 1754

Seven years after Elector Max III Joseph of Bavaria established the Electoral porcelain manufactory, he ordered that all porcelains be marked on the underside – with an image of the Wittelsbach coat of arms with diamonds whose tips at the time progressed from the bottom left to the top right. Back then as well as today the shield mark is pressed using a little stamp made from biscuit porcelain into the soft mass.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 1754

Impressed shield mark, on all Nymphenburg products

The Nymphenburg Mark

around 1894

Shield mark in blue underglaze around 1894.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 1895

Blue shield mark from 1895 - 1910.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 1910

Green underglaze shield mark from 1910 - 1975.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 1975

Green shield mark from 1975 - 1996.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 1997

Green shield mark from 1997 - 2007.

The Nymphenburg Mark

from 2007

Shield mark in green since 2007.