Joseph August Count von Toerring und Gronsfeld zu Jettenbach
After the death of Sigmund Reichsgraf von Haimhausen, Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg was assigned directly to the Electoral Cabinet. Its vice president, Count Joseph August von Toerring, was thus its director until 1799. He was assisted by Mathias Flurl as factory commissioner. After Flurl's first reports on the condition of the factory, von Toerring was able to drive reforms and improvements in the following years, which remained noticeable into the 19th century. In 1797, Johann Peter Melchior replaced the model master Dominikus Auliczek. Two years later, the directorate of the manufactory was abolished and instead a "General-Landesdirektion" was established, whose president was Count von Toerring. Thus, the previous factory commissar Flurl became the director of Nymphenburg.