Albert Bäuml took over the manufactory in 1888 with his program “to tie in old traditions and renew them in a modern style”. He repositioned the neglected field of porcelain art back into focus. On the one hand, the designs of the 18th century were reconstructed and offered in a laborious and complex process, on the other hand he worked with contemporary artists. Names like Hermann Gradl, Adelbert Niemeyer, Hans Behrens, Theodor Kärner and Josef Wackerle stand for his program of artistic renewal. The prerequisite for this development were large investments in the entire technical area, such as the establishment of underglaze painting, as well as the appointment of numerous skilled workers to Nymphenburg. In 1909 the city shop on Odeonsplatz was opened with interior design by Emanuel von Seidl.