Franz Conrad Linck

Franz Conrad Linck

Franz Conrad Linck was born in Speyer in 1730. He acquired his first sculptural knowledge from his father, and in later years he enjoyed a well-founded training as a sculptor, which he deepened in Würzburg and from 1753 at the Imperial and Royal Court Academy in Vienna. After three years, Linck moved to Berlin to complete his studies with Georg Franz Ebenhecht. When the Seven Years' War broke out in 1756, he returned to Speyer and began to work in his father's workshop. From 1762 to 1766 he worked as a sculptor in the porcelain manufactory in Frankenthal, which during the reign of Elector Carl Theodor von der Pfalz - the successor of Max III. Joseph - was merged with the Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg.

English