Joseph Engelbert Claudius Freiherr von Schwerin
Since 1807 the manufacture was assigned to the "General Mining Administration", which in turn was subordinate to the Ministry of Finance. Until 1820, its director was Joseph Claudius von Schwerin, who was also responsible for the manufacture and was very committed to its concerns. In 1810 he took over the management himself. A year earlier, the painter Paul Böhngen had been appointed "maufactory manages" and was entrusted with the technical operation. From 1815 onwards, von Schwerin appointed Bergrat Karl Schmitz, son of Johann Jakob, as "factory superintendent", who after Böhngen's death had already taken over the technical management and from 1822 also the administrative tasks of the manufactory. Thanks to Schwerin's application and a subsequent decree issued by the king, the Nymphenburg porcelain factory was granted privileges in 1815.